“Quality of life is the key to managing acromegaly. Ask questions, look for information, and be proactive in managing the impact of your condition.”
Acromegaly (pronounced “a-kro-me-g-le”) is a rare endocrine disorder caused by the presence of too much growth hormone (GH) in the body.
Acromegaly is caused by a tumour (usually benign) on the pituitary gland, the gland that controls many other hormone-making glands in the body.
To find more detailed information, visit our Resources page and our series of information booklets.
Registered with Charities Services NZ (CC46693) in 2011, Acromegaly NZ are proud to support more than 100 members throughout New Zealand.
Our services include –
- Providing information and support to patients and their families
- Organising in-person and virtual social gatherings to create opportunities for patients to share their experiences
- Organising educational seminars and guest speakers
- Providing regular newsletters to our members
- Providing information resources to medical professionals
Our friendly committee members have each had their own journey with Acromegaly, and recognise the enormous value in growing and maintaining the membership of our organisation.
Co-Chair: Catherine Chan firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chair: Clark McPhillips email@example.com
Secretary: Fay Partington firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Wayne Holtham email@example.com
Social Media & IT: Alison Chester firstname.lastname@example.org