Working to support and educate those affected by acromegaly and their families.
Acromegaly is such a rare disorder that patients and their families are often left feeling overwhelmed and isolated. It was due to those feelings that the New Zealand Acromegaly Society was formed in November 2010.
We work to:
- Provide information and support to patients and families
- Organise social gatherings
- Organise educational seminars
- Regular newsletters
At the inaugural meeting in February 2011, a steering committee was formed from people with acromegaly and their families who attended from all over New Zealand.
The response to this support group has been tremendous and we now have over 100 members from across New Zealand. We are officially registered as a Charitable Entity. Our registration number is CC46693. See our summary on the Charities Commission website for more details.
Our current committee is:
- Co-Chair: Catherine Chan. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
- Co-Chair, Newsletter Editor & Grants Manager: Clark McPhillips. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Jackie Jeffrey. Email: email@example.com
- Treasurer: Wayne Holtham. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications Officer: Alison Chester. Email: email@example.com